Why Twitter is so perfect for PRPosted: March 15, 2010
Two years ago PR people were just discovering Twitter. Now most PR people can’t imagine life without it. What makes Twitter so ideal for PR? Here are some reasons:
- You can build your own community around a brand and create a frequency of contact that is hard for other social platforms to compete with.
- Twitter is the ultimate ‘elevator pitch’ platform
- Brands can use Twitter to express personality AND messages
- Twitter enables you to respond to events and news real time in a way that some other platforms can’t
- Twitter is (for now) cool
- You can measure your brand’s performance on Twitter for nothing
- Twitter is making Google search way better by making it real time – that means real time news
- Twitter doesn’t make the same demands on a brand that blogging does (legal doesn’t need to review tweets (yet)
- If it can be said in 140 characters you can say it – free speech with a character limit
- Twitter enables you to hear real time the conversations that surround your brand, your competitors and or the issues you care about
- Mavens are on Twitter
- Analysts are on Twitter
- Editors are on Twitter
- My mother isn’t.