Posted: December 17, 2010
Here are my more serious predictions. Some I want to come true, some I simply suspect have a chance of becoming reality. What’s on your list?
- Obama develops a backbone and starts to be the president we elected. He will also learn that Gibbs has to go and that he needs a far better comms team.
- Facebook or Twitter gets bought/files for an IPO (I have no inside knowledge). If this happens the IPO market will catch fire for lots of other companies.
- The Euro becomes a common currency for the chosen few of EU economies. If not at least one EU nation will file for bankruptcy (Can they do that?).
- Foursquare goes the way of Digg. Facebook’s places has already made them irrelevant. The final nail in the coffin is just waiting to be driven in.
- Microsoft Kinect will spawn a whole new category of businesses well beyond gaming. The possibilities are endless.
- A major daily newspaper will stop its printed version. The economics have pushed them all to the brink. One will jump.
- Julian Assange will end up in jail. It may not be in Sweden but he will be found charged by someone for something.
- The environment will come back on the agenda. As the economy improves people will stop worrying about their jobs and start paying attention to the horrors that climate change will bring if we don’t act.
- Those of us in PR will figure out digital comms and we’ll be shocked by what it means for us. We’ll find out either by accident or because a competitor that we never expected starts to show us the way.
- Blackberry (RIM) either realizes its products are horrible and changes path or it accelerates towards that brick wall that is currently at the end of the road they are on.